Disclaimer: some of the links are affiliate links! This means we may get a small amount of commission if you buy using our links. Any money made goes back into building the CIBII brand so this is a great way to support us at no extra cost to you 🙂
We are not able to personally test all the items for breastfeeding ease, however hopefully the material and style choices lend themselves to a #yesican.
Safety guidelines on clothing should be checked by the individual, it is not the responsibility of Can I Breastfeed In It?
My first review is going to be of my favourite breastfeeding friendly item of clothing so far. This dress is *technically* maternity wear but with its cut, I’d say it’s nursing friendly with the added bonus that you could wear it whilst pregnant, rather than the other way around!
Plus points for me are:
- Nice and stretchy. If you are unsure of sizing, you could go for the smaller size and get away with it!
- Comes in at the smallest part of the waist
- Flattering v-neck – some ladies may prefer to wear a crop top or vest top underneath for modesty (not me though! ?)
- Stretchy enough to accommodate a large bosom!
- Easy to pull down to get a boob out
- Could be worn as casual or smart
- Available in many different arm lengths/colours/patterns
- Long enough to wear without leggings, short enough to not look frumpy
- I’ve found it to be flattering on the mummy tummy where there is a good amount of material at the front
I’m yet to find any against points but the largest size is an 18 although if you are a small 20 you could probably squeeze in ok.
I bought two dresses in different colours and arm lengths:
I am a size 16 and I think I could’ve fit a 14 but not sure I would’ve had the extra material available to flatter the tummy and bum/legs.
**edit** NEGATIVE POINT:With the purple one in particular I found that even water leaves the fabric a slightly different colour once wet (and dried). Not sure if this effects other colours but the black one seems to be fine.
This dress seems to be a generic style across many different sellers on both eBay and Amazon. They can be found by using the search term ‘maternity skater dress’ but here are some links to make it easier for you: